Certified Personal Trainer Course and NCCA Accredited Exam
The Institute of Fitness Ghana (IFG) brings you Gold Standard Personal Training Certification done in collaboration with 24 of the world’s most influential and progressive Health and Fitness educators.
Whether you are new to the field of sports or an experienced veteran in the profession, by choosing IFG, and in collaboration with PTA Global you’re on your way to earning one of the most highly recognized certifications in the industry – a credential that is known as the Gold Standard around the world. In choosing IFG you’ve made the commitment to establish yourself as a reputable fitness professional.
Are you a fitness professional working in a health club or other community setting? Let us elevate you to achieve greater results with your clients by enrolling into the Certified Personal Trainer (local exam or NCCA exam) course. Whether your goal is to train one-on-one or to instruct groups, those who are certified are able to develop and implement safe, effective exercise programs, and modify them to meet the specific needs of clients.
The PTA Global Personal Training Course is specifically designed to prepare you for a career as a Fitness Professional by empowering you with the necessary tools and skills to be successful immediately. By learning to train the Human Being, not just the Human Body, you’re assured to Gain, Train and Retain more clients.
We teach you the scientifically and practically proven Systems, Sciences and Tools and prepare you to successfully take the PTA Global and/or NCCA accredited final exam.
Course topics include
- Exercise Sciences with industry experts like Paul Chek (Digestion), Chuck Wolf (Muscular System), Dr. John Berardi (Nutrition), and many more
- Specific Business Development Skills, Sales Techniques, and Marketing Strategies to build a clientele quickly and effectively
- In-depth Behaviour Change, Motivational Interviewing, and Communication skill development techniques and tools.
- A Motivation System with ready-made Client Orientation Questionnaires built on the principles of Motivational Interviewing to enhance client motivation and build client-centred program design strategies
- A Movement System for creating and manipulating exercises in 3-dimensions inspired by industry expert, Gary Gray and the Gray Institute
- Functional Anatomy using Thomas Myers’ Anatomy Trains
- Special Populations with industry experts like Dr Christian Thompson – professor at U of San Francisco (Older Adult), Brian Grasso – founder of International Youth Conditioning Association – IYCA (Youth), Annette Lang (Pregnancy)
- Metabolic Training using Energy System Development techniques
- A Programming System with the first ever Behavior-based Program Design Tool filled with hundreds of pre-made, client-centered, 12-week periodized programs to match a client’s Goal, Style of training, and Level of ability.
- The Practical Side of Being a Personal Trainer: Real world testimonies from some of the world’s most successful Fitness Professionals.
- Online access to all of the educational course content
- Dedicated face to face mentoring and instruction
- Over 30 downloadable forms for quickly building your clientele
- Unlimited access to hundreds of pre-made programs
- A downloadable manual with over 550 pages of text, illustrations and exercise demonstrations which maps to the online course
- A 70-page study guide with over 35 interactive learning activities including role-playing
- Downloadable PDF “notes pages” of all the slides and room to write notes
- Online access to the practice exam with unlimited attempts prior to taking the final exam
- First attempt at the final exam is included
Any individual wishing to take the CPT Exam must:
- Have obtained or be completing a High School Diploma before registering for the CPT Exam
- Be CPR/AED Certified, including a hands-on practical, at the time of exam registration.